Moss Report on Head and Neck Cancer
Alternative & Conventional Head and Neck Cancer Treatments
What’s New In Head and Neck Cancer Treatment
This Moss Report discusses new clinical trials on using sequential induction chemotherapy and chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced head and neck cancer.
A report from St. Louis University showed that bitter melon extract (BME) could reduce the growth of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (HNSCC) by targeting what is called c-Met signaling. James Allison, PhD, is the head of immunology at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston. While at the University of California, Berkeley, he invented an important new class of medications called “immune checkpoint inhibitors.” Allison is currently working on combining these medications with cancer-killing viruses, such as Newcastle Disease Virus (NDV) vaccines. These are already available at several foreign clinics.One of the most significant advances of recent years has been the development and FDA approval of an anti-cancer virus vaccine, Reolysin® (pelareorep). The Moss Report on Head and Neck Cancer discusses this new medicine and its associated clinical trials.
Head And Neck Cancer Treatment
The Moss Report on Head and Neck Cancer is a 500 page report features a comprehensive discussion of the treatment and prevention of cancer of the head and neck (HNSCC) – from the best techniques of surgery, radiation and chemotherapy to the latest complementary and alternative (CAM) approaches.
The report includes a discussion of how science is harnessing the immune system to fight these cancers. This includes very encouraging results with approved and experimental “immune checkpoint inhibitors”, with an explanation of which HNSCC patients are likely to respond to these important new drugs.
There is also a comparison of the results of clinical trials, and of foreign clinics using immunotherapy in innovative ways. There is also a discussion of the exciting work being done at St. Louis University on the use of bitter melon extract (BME) in the treatment of HNSCC.
No patient with head and neck cancer should be without this outstanding resource.
Head and Neck Cancer
Head and Neck Cancer
“I can’t tell you what a wealth of information we found and how helpful and informative the Report was. Thank you. My eyes were truly opened.” — L. C.
“Thank you very much. Your report is very helpful and comprehensive.” —B. S.
“We have received your report.. and sincerely appreciate your thoroughness and writing style.” —R. D.
“I have really been disappointed with radiation and chemotherapy and have been so glad that you steered me to more viable alternatives.” —W. V.
“Thanks for your help. Your service is a marvelous resource, tremendously helpful for those of us sifting through the masses of information that we have to go through in these really stressful situations.” — S. A.
Discounts and Savings Available
Purchase both the E-Book and
Printed Moss Report and save $100.*
Purchase a Moss Report and
Schedule a Consultation and save $100.*
If you are a Medical Professional and refer patients to Moss Reports, click here find out more about our advocate program.
*Discounts applied when purchased together at check-out.
Table of Contents
- A QUICK GUIDE TO CAM CANCER TREATMENTS
- GREEN LIGHT TREATMENTS: WELL RESEARCHED APPROACHES
- AMBER LIGHT TREATMENTS FOR CANCER: EFFICACY AND SAFETY STILL UNCLEAR
- RED LIGHT TREATMENTS: POORLY RESEARCHED (OR DOWNRIGHT DANGEROUS)
- CONVENTIONAL TREATMENT SECTION
- COMPLEXITY OF THE TOPIC
- LYMPHATIC SYSTEM
- CANCERS OF UNKNOWN PRIMARY SITE (CUPS)
- FIELD CANCERIZATION
- SMOKING AND DRINKING
- TREATMENT OVERVIEW
- ORAL CANCER AND CLINICALLY NEGATIVE NODES
- TRANS ORAL ROBOTIC SURGERY (TORS)
- RADIATION THERAPY
- FRACTIONATED DOSES?
- AMIFOSTINE FOR XEROSTOMIA
- BIOCOMPATIBLE RADIOACTIVE MICROSPHERES
- PET/CT SCANS
- CONCURRENT CHEMORADIATION
- ACUPUNCTURE AND ADVERSE EFFECTS
- FDA-APPROVED DRUGS
- NCCN RECOMMENDATIONS
- OTHER TRIALS IN RECURRENT DISEASE
- NEOADJUVANT CHEMOTHERAPY
- INTRA-ARTERIAL CHEMOTHERAPY (IAC)
- TARGETED AGENTS
- IMMUNE CHECKPOINT INHIBITORS
- PEMBROLIZUMAB (KEYTRUDA®)
- PHOTODYNAMIC THERAPY
- CAM AND HEAD AND NECK CANCER
- WHEAT GERM EXTRACT AND HEAD AND NECK CANCER
- GALVANOTHERAPY FOR HEAD AND NECK CANCER
- BITTER MELON AND HNSCC
- TOP SUPPLEMENTS (THE SHORT LIST)
- ANTI-CANCER PLAN ON A TIGHT BUDGET
- ANTI-CANCER RECIPES
- THE HALLMARKS OF CANCER
- A NEW MODEL FOR CANCER TREATMENT
- INNOVATIVE SURGERY
- INNOVATIVE RADIATION THERAPY
- INNOVATIVE CHEMOTHERAPY
- NAUSEA AND VOMITING
- MOUTH SORES (STOMATITIS)
- ZINC SULFATE
- NERVE PAIN
- HAIR LOSS
- PICKLE JUICE REMEDY
- CHEMOSENSITIVITY TESTING
- TARGETED THERAPIES
- PRECISION MEDICINE INITIATIVE
- ANTI-ANGIOGENESIS DRUGS
- MOLECULAR AND GENOMIC TESTING
- CIRCULATING TUMOR CELLS (CELLSEARCH)
- MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIES
- IMMUNE CHECKPOINT BLOCKADE (ICB)
- CANCER STEM CELLS (CSCS)
- DIETARY COMPOUNDS THAT KILL CANCER STEM CELLS (CSCS)
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND EXERCISE
- FASTING AND THE KETOGENIC DIET
- A COST-FREE WAY TO PREVENT CANCER RECURRENCES
- CALORIC RESTRICTION
- PRACTICAL NOTES ON FASTING
- TOP TEN SUPPLEMENTS (THE EXPOSITION)
- FOOD AND CANCER PREVENTION
- VITAMINS, MINERALS & ANTIOXIDANTS
- THE CONCURRENT USE DEBATE
- CONCURRENT USE OF ANTIOXIDANTS AND RADIATION
- HERBS, SPICES AND BOTANICALS
- SOUND, LIGHT AND ELECTRICITY
- CANCER IMMUNOTHERAPY
- VIRAL THERAPY (ONCOLYTIC VIRUSES)
- DRUGS NEW AND OLD
- INNOVATIVE CANCER CLINICS
- FINDING AN INTEGRATIVE PHYSICIAN
- INTEGRATIVE ONCOLOGY DEPARTMENTS
- AMERICAN CLINICS
- INTERNATIONAL CLINICSSUPPLEMENTS AND SURGERY
- CAM AND FATIGUE
- POPULAR BUT UNLIKELY TREATMENTS