Moss Report on Mesothelioma
Alternative & Conventional Mesothelioma Treatments (2019 Update)
What’s New In Mesothelioma Treatment
HIPEC is a form of hyperthermia, in which a chemotherapy drug is heated to improve the killing of residualcancer cells. In various studies, patients with malignant peritoneal mesothelioma (MPM) have seen improved outcome using this combination of techniques. New research suggest that there is a possible role for molecularly targeted therapyin mesothelioma. Discussion of the evaluation of the antitumor activity of amatuximab plus two chemo drugs, pemetrexed and cisplatin, in patients with unresectable malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM). Oddly enough, one food that may have a particular relationship to mesothelioma is the boysenberry (Rubus loganbaccus × baileyanus Britt).
James Allison, PhD, is the head of immunology at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston. While at the University of California, Berkeley, he invented an important new class of medications called “immune checkpoint inhibitors.” Allison is currently working on combining these medications with cancer-killing viruses, such as Newcastle Disease Virus (NDV) vaccines. These are already available at several foreign clinics.
One of the most significant advances of recent years has been the development and FDA approval of an anti-cancer virus vaccine, Reolysin® (pelareorep). The 2018 Moss Report discusses this new medicine and its associated clinical trials.
The Moss Report on mesothelioma begins with a discussion of symptoms, causes, diagnos and conventional treatments of mesothelioma. This includes such topics as surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, hormone treatment, targeted therapy, and other new treatments.
It discusses markers used to detect the existence and progression of the disease, and useful methods for determining whether or not a patient will benefit appreciably from various treatments. The main body of this Moss Report contains comprehensive, up-to-date information on conventional, integrative, experimental, complementary, CAM, dietary, and alternative cancer treatments and other matters of urgent concern to mesothelioma patients.
We also discuss innovative and alternative treatment centers for treating mesothelioma, in the US and abroad.
This 486-page report features a comprehensive discussion of the treatment and prevention of both pleural and peritoneal mesothelioma from the best techniques of surgery, radiation and chemotherapy to the latest complementary and alternative (CAM) approaches. New this year is a discussion of using hyperthermia in combination with cytoreductive surgery (CRS). There is a new discussion of EGFR mutations and whether or not agents targeted against such molecules work. There is also a discussion of interesting laboratory research on boysenberry extracts and mesothelioma.
Every patient with either pleural or peritoneal mesothelioma and their loved ones should read this outstanding Moss Report.
Discounts and Savings Available
Purchase both the E-Book and
Printed Moss Report and save $100.*
Purchase a Moss Report and
Schedule a Consultation and save $100.*
If you are a Medical Professional and refer patients to Moss Reports, click here find out more about our advocate program.
*Discounts applied when purchased together at check-out.
“I can’t tell you what a wealth of information we found and how helpful and informative the Report was. Thank you. My eyes were truly opened.” — L. C.
“Thank you very much. Your report is very helpful and comprehensive.” —B. S.
“We have received your report.. and sincerely appreciate your thoroughness and writing style.” —R. D.
“I have really been disappointed with radiation and chemotherapy and have been so glad that you steered me to more viable alternatives.” —W. V.
“Thanks for your help. Your service is a marvelous resource, tremendously helpful for those of us sifting through the masses of information that we have to go through in these really stressful situations.” — S. A.
Table of Contents
- A QUICK GUIDE TO CAM CANCER TREATMENTS
- GREEN LIGHT TREATMENTS: WELL RESEARCHED APPROACHES
- AMBER LIGHT TREATMENTS FOR CANCER: EFFICACY AND SAFETY STILL UNCLEAR
- RED LIGHT TREATMENTS: POORLY RESEARCHED (OR DOWNRIGHT DANGEROUS)
- CONVENTIONAL TREATMENT SECTION
- CAUSES AND INCIDENCE
- SV40 AND POLIO VACCINE
- TUMOR MARKERS
- ONCOBLOT TESTING AND MESOTHELIOMA
- PET SCANS
- TREATMENT OVERVIEW
- HIPEC (HYPERTHERMIA)
- RADIATION ADDED TO SURGERY
- TRIMODAL THERAPY
- FDA APPROVED DRUGS AND REGIMENS
- NCCN RECOMMENDATIONS
- SINGLE AGENT CHEMOTHERAPY
- THE QUESTION OF VITAMINS
- TARGETED TREATMENTS
- ANGIOGENESIS INHIBITORS
- MOLECULARLY TARGETED AGENTS
- PHOTODYNAMIC THERAPY
- BOYSENBERRIES AND MESOTHELIOMA
- TOP SUPPLEMENTS (THE SHORT LIST)
- ANTI-CANCER PLAN ON A TIGHT BUDGET
- ANTI-CANCER RECIPES
- THE HALLMARKS OF CANCER
- A NEW MODEL FOR CANCER TREATMENT
- INNOVATIVE SURGERY
- INNOVATIVE RADIATION THERAPY
- INNOVATIVE CHEMOTHERAPY
- NAUSEA AND VOMITING
- MOUTH SORES (STOMATITIS)
- ZINC SULFATE
- NERVE PAIN
- HAIR LOSS
- PICKLE JUICE REMEDY
- CHEMOSENSITIVITY TESTING
- TARGETED THERAPIES
- PRECISION MEDICINE INITIATIVE
- ANTI-ANGIOGENESIS DRUGS
- MOLECULAR AND GENOMIC TESTING
- CIRCULATING TUMOR CELLS (CELLSEARCH)
- MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIES
- IMMUNE CHECKPOINT BLOCKADE (ICB)
- CANCER STEM CELLS (CSCS)
- DIETARY COMPOUNDS THAT KILL CANCER STEM CELLS (CSCS)
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND EXERCISE
- FASTING AND THE KETOGENIC DIET
- A COST-FREE WAY TO PREVENT CANCER RECURRENCES
- CALORIC RESTRICTION
- PRACTICAL NOTES ON FASTING
- TOP TEN SUPPLEMENTS (THE EXPOSITION)
- FOOD AND CANCER PREVENTION
- VITAMINS, MINERALS & ANTIOXIDANTS
- THE CONCURRENT USE DEBATE
- CONCURRENT USE OF ANTIOXIDANTS AND RADIATION
- HERBS, SPICES AND BOTANICALS
- SOUND, LIGHT AND ELECTRICITY
- CANCER IMMUNOTHERAPY
- VIRAL THERAPY (ONCOLYTIC VIRUSES)
- DRUGS NEW AND OLD
- INNOVATIVE CANCER CLINICS
- FINDING AN INTEGRATIVE PHYSICIAN
- INTEGRATIVE ONCOLOGY DEPARTMENTS
- AMERICAN CLINICS
- INTERNATIONAL CLINICSSUPPLEMENTS AND SURGERY
- CAM AND FATIGUE
- POPULAR BUT UNLIKELY TREATMENTS