Moss Report on Rectal Cancer
Alternative & Conventional Rectal Cancer Treatments (2019 Update)
What’s New For 2019 In Rectal Cancer Treatment
The Moss Report on Rectal Cancer has been thoroughly updated and revised for 2019. This is no dry medical text. It is written for patients in language that lay people can understand. We cover all aspects of rectal cancer treatment. We deal critically with all conventional treatments. We also include such alternative treatments as:
- Cannabis (marijuana)
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Turmeric and Curcumin
- Coconut Oil
- Medicinal Mushrooms
As always, Moss Reports focuses on practical information that you can use in your battle with rectal cancer. For 2019 we include a discussion of these “hot” topics:
- How Type 2 Diabetes Affects Risk of Rectal Cancer
- Fiber Intake: Is it Protective?
- Influence of the Location of the Tumor on Survival
- When is the 3-month CAPOX Regimen Preferred over 6 Months?
- Best Maintenance Therapy in Metastatic Rectal CA
- Why did HIPEC Fail in its Trial for Isolated Tumors?
- FDA’s New Approval of a Special Immune Drug Combination
- Exercise and the Risk of Dying from Rectal Cancer: Is it Effective?
- The Role of Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors in Cancer
Can immune checkpoint drugs be used in cancer of the rectum? Who is likely to benefit? You may have heard that James P. Allison, PhD, of Houston won the 2018 Nobel Prize for his discovery of immune checkpoint inhibitors. This is an important new class of medications. Less known is the fact that Allison is currently working on combining these drugs with cancer-killing viruses. Or that this overall approach—still only dreamed of in the United States—is already available at several foreign clinics. These are discussed in the 2019 updated Moss Report on Rectal Cancer.
One of the most significant advances of recent years has been the development and FDA approval of an anti-cancer virus vaccine, The 2019 Moss Report on Rectal Cancer discusses this new medicine and its associated clinical trials.
Rectal Cancer Treatment
The Moss Report on Rectal Cancer begins with a discussion of conventional oncology’s understanding and treatment of this major form of cancer. This includes such topics as surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, hormone treatment, targeted therapy, and other new treatments.
The report also discusses new innovative and alternative cancer treatment centers, in the US and abroad.
This 500-page report features a comprehensive discussion of the treatment and prevention of cancer of the rectum – from the best techniques of surgery, radiation and chemotherapy to the latest complementary and alternative (CAM) approaches.
No patient with rectal cancer or their loved ones should be without this outstanding resource.
What Top Doctors Say About Moss Reports:
“Moss’s manuscripts are unique and exceptional. I recommend them to patients, families, patient advocates as well as healthcare practitioners who are looking critically at all possible options of confronting this disease.”
—Moshe Frenkel MD, Clinical Associate Professor, University of Texas; Founder of the Integrative Oncology Clinic, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston; Chair of Clinical Practice Committee of the Society for Integrative Oncology
“Ralph Moss has devoted his career to visiting and researching alternative and integrative cancer treatment facilities around the world. His depth of knowledge and ability to translate this information to cancer patients and families is invaluable. Moss Reports are a must-read for patients and their loved ones.”
—Keith I. Block, MD, Medical Director, Block Center for Integrative Cancer Treatment, Skokie, IL, Editor-in-chief Integrative Cancer Therapies (SAGE)
“Invaluable not only for its discussion of complementary and alternative treatments but also for its scientific content, centering on the biology of cancer. I would recommend this report to all cancer patients hoping to understand their disease.”
—Josef Novak, PhD, Professor of Biology Emeritus, Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA
“Ralph Moss is the most prolific and scholarly chronicler of the emerging discipline of integrative cancer medicine. Not only would I recommend Moss Reports to cancer patients, but also to cancer professionals of all stripes. I always learn something reading Moss’s writings.”
—Dwight L. McKee, MD, Medical Oncologist, Encinitas and Vista, CA
“I highly recommend Ralph W. Moss, PhD as a most reliable consultant for every patient in need. He is very familiar with innovative therapeutic procedures in different parts of the world. He can help patients select the most suitable treatments, on a fully personalized basis.”
—Shimon Slavin, MD, Professor of Medicine, Weizmann Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
“Ralph Moss performs a great service for those who want to know more about cancer, which includes a vast number of people, both at present and likely long into the future.”
—Peter L. Pedersen, PhD, Department of Biological Chemistry, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
“I do not know of a better resource for the newly diagnosed and their families than Ralph Moss’s website. Dr. Moss helps readers and clients navigate through the cancer puzzle with deep, unbiased and well-researched knowledge of alternative and conventional treatments from around the world.”
—Geo Espinosa, ND, LAc, The NYU Integrative and Functional Urology Center, New York
Discounts and Savings Available
Purchase both the E-Book and
Printed Moss Report and save $100.*
Purchase a Moss Report and
Schedule a Consultation and save $100.*
If you are a Medical Professional and refer patients to Moss Reports, click here find out more about our advocate program.
*Discounts applied when purchased together at check-out.
“I can’t tell you what a wealth of information we found and how helpful and informative the Report was. Thank you. My eyes were truly opened.” — L. C.
“Thank you very much. Your report is very helpful and comprehensive.” —B. S.
“We have received your report.. and sincerely appreciate your thoroughness and writing style.” —R. D.
“I have really been disappointed with radiation and chemotherapy and have been so glad that you steered me to more viable alternatives.” —W. V.
“Thanks for your help. Your service is a marvelous resource, tremendously helpful for those of us sifting through the masses of information that we have to go through in these really stressful situations.” — S. A.
Table of Contents
- A QUICK GUIDE TO CAM CANCER TREATMENTS
- GREEN LIGHT TREATMENTS: WELL RESEARCHED APPROACHES
- AMBER LIGHT TREATMENTS FOR CANCER: EFFICACY AND SAFETY STILL UNCLEAR
- RED LIGHT TREATMENTS: POORLY RESEARCHED (OR DOWNRIGHT DANGEROUS)
- CONVENTIONAL TREATMENT SECTION
- INCIDENCE AND MORTALITY
- 2019 UPDATE: CRC AND DIABETES
- 2019 UPDATE: FIBER INTAKE
- STANDARD TREATMENTS
- STAGES OF RECTAL CANCER
- SURGERY FOR RECTAL CANCER
- 2019 UPDATE: LOCATION OF THE TUMOR
- RADIATION FOR RECTAL CANCER
- CHEMOTHERAPY FOR RECTAL CANCER
- NEOADJUVANT CHEMORADIATION
- POST-TREATMENT FOLLOW-UP
- ABLATION OF RECTAL CANCER
- RADIOFREQUENCY ABLATION (RFA)
- HIFU FOR RECTAL CANCER
- DRUG COMBINATIONS USED IN RECTAL CANCER
- FDA-APPROVED DRUGS FOR RECTAL CANCER
- HEPATIC ARTERY INFUSION
- INTRAPERITONEAL THERAPY
- IMMUNE THERAPY AND OTHER TREATMENTS
- ICB AND MISMATCH REPAIR-DEFICIENT TUMORS
- ACTIVE SPECIFIC IMMUNOTHERAPY (ASI)
- OVER-THE-COUNTER MEDICINES
- CAM TREATMENTS
- NAPABUCASIN (CANCER STEM CELLS)
- EXERCISE REDUCES MORTALITY IN METASTATIC CRC
- DIET AND COLORECTAL CANCER
- SOY AND COLORECTAL CANCER
- TOP SUPPLEMENTS (THE SHORT LIST)
- ANTI-CANCER PLAN ON A TIGHT BUDGET
- ANTI-CANCER RECIPES
- THE HALLMARKS OF CANCER
- A NEW MODEL FOR CANCER TREATMENT
- INNOVATIVE SURGERY
- INNOVATIVE RADIATION THERAPY
- INNOVATIVE CHEMOTHERAPY
- NAUSEA AND VOMITING
- MOUTH SORES (STOMATITIS)
- ZINC SULFATE
- NERVE PAIN
- HAIR LOSS
- PICKLE JUICE REMEDY
- CHEMOSENSITIVITY TESTING
- TARGETED THERAPIES
- PRECISION MEDICINE INITIATIVE
- ANTI-ANGIOGENESIS DRUGS
- MOLECULAR AND GENOMIC TESTING
- CIRCULATING TUMOR CELLS (CELLSEARCH)
- MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIES
- IMMUNE CHECKPOINT BLOCKADE (ICB)
- CANCER STEM CELLS (CSCS)
- DIETARY COMPOUNDS THAT KILL CANCER STEM CELLS (CSCS)
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND EXERCISE
- FASTING AND THE KETOGENIC DIET
- A COST-FREE WAY TO PREVENT CANCER RECURRENCES
- CALORIC RESTRICTION
- PRACTICAL NOTES ON FASTING
- TOP TEN SUPPLEMENTS (THE EXPOSITION)
- FOOD AND CANCER PREVENTION
- VITAMINS, MINERALS & ANTIOXIDANTS
- THE CONCURRENT USE DEBATE
- CONCURRENT USE OF ANTIOXIDANTS AND RADIATION
- HERBS, SPICES AND BOTANICALS
- SOUND, LIGHT AND ELECTRICITY
- CANCER IMMUNOTHERAPY
- VIRAL THERAPY (ONCOLYTIC VIRUSES)
- DRUGS NEW AND OLD
- INNOVATIVE CANCER CLINICS
- FINDING AN INTEGRATIVE PHYSICIAN
- INTEGRATIVE ONCOLOGY DEPARTMENTS
- AMERICAN CLINICS
- INTERNATIONAL CLINICSSUPPLEMENTS AND SURGERY
- CAM AND FATIGUE
- POPULAR BUT UNLIKELY TREATMENTS