Moss Report on Thymus Cancer
Alternative & Conventional Thymus Cancer Treatments (2019 Update)
What’s New In Thymus Cancer Treatment
The 2019 updated Moss Report on Thymic Cancer discusses all aspects of diagnosis and treatment of this relatively uncommon disease. But this is no dry medical text. It is written for patients in language that lay people can understand.
We explain in simple terms such topics as the connection to Myasthenia Gravis (MG), the difference between invasive and non-invasive tumors, paraneoplastic syndromes, and red cell hypoplasia.
There is a clear discussion of the main treatment options, such as surgery, radiation and chemotherapy. New for 2019 is a discussion of chemotherapy combinations, with a comparison of each based on the overall response rates to the treatment and the survival time. There are results of new clinical trials on the use of octreotide (Sandostatin®) in the treatment of thymus cancer.
Included in 2019 is an up-to-the-minute discussion of adoptive immunotherapy, a special process of culturing white blood cells to attack cancer that also showed remarkable results at American cancer centers.
There is disagreement over the use of the new immune checkpoint inhibitors in thymus cancer. But we report on the latest results of phase 2 clinical trials using these agents in thymic cancer. We also discuss at length attempts that are being made to reduce the immune-releated side effects seen with these drugs.
James Allison, PhD, won the 2018 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for their discovery. He is currently working on combining these medications with cancer-killing viruses, such as Newcastle Disease Virus (NDV) vaccines. These are not available in the U.S. but are already available at several foreign clinics.
Thymus Cancer Treatment
The 2019 updated Moss Report on Thymus Cancer begins with a discussion of types, causes and conventional treatment of thymus cancer. This includes such topics as surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, hormone treatment, targeted therapy, and other new treatments.
It discusses markers used to detect the existence and progression of brain cancer, and useful methods for determining whether or not a patient will benefit appreciably from various treatments. The main body of thymus cancer Moss Report contains comprehensive, up-to-date information on conventional, integrative, experimental, complementary, CAM, dietary, and alternative thymus cancer treatments and other matters of urgent concern to the thymus cancer patients.
We also discuss innovative and alternative treatment centers for treating thymus cancer, in the US and abroad.
This 500+ page report features a comprehensive discussion of the treatment and prevention of both relatively benign thymomas and malignant thymic carcinomas, from the best techniques of surgery, radiation, chemotherapy and targeted therapy to the latest complementary and alternative (CAM) approaches. New this year is a discussion of how science is harnessing the immune system to fight these cancers through adoptive immunotherapy or CAR-T cell therapy; an exploration of the potential of immune checkpoint inhibitors in cancer of the thymus; and a report that a long-acting release (LAR) form of octreotide + prednisone elicited a response in 15 of 17 patients (88 percent).
Every patient with either thymoma or thymic carcinoma, and their loved ones, should read this outstanding and 2019 revised Moss Report on Thymus Cancer.
Discounts and Savings Available
Purchase both the E-Book and
Printed Moss Report and save $100.*
Purchase a Moss Report and
Schedule a Consultation and save $100.*
If you are a Medical Professional and refer patients to Moss Reports, click here find out more about our advocate program.
*Discounts applied when purchased together at check-out.
“I can’t tell you what a wealth of information we found and how helpful and informative the Report was. Thank you. My eyes were truly opened.” — L. C.
“Thank you very much. Your report is very helpful and comprehensive.” —B. S.
“We have received your report.. and sincerely appreciate your thoroughness and writing style.” —R. D.
“I have really been disappointed with radiation and chemotherapy and have been so glad that you steered me to more viable alternatives.” —W. V.
“Thanks for your help. Your service is a marvelous resource, tremendously helpful for those of us sifting through the masses of information that we have to go through in these really stressful situations.” — S. A.
Table of Contents
- A QUICK GUIDE TO CAM CANCER TREATMENTS
- GREEN LIGHT TREATMENTS: WELL RESEARCHED APPROACHES
- AMBER LIGHT TREATMENTS FOR CANCER: EFFICACY AND SAFETY STILL UNCLEAR
- RED LIGHT TREATMENTS: POORLY RESEARCHED (OR DOWNRIGHT DANGEROUS)
- CONVENTIONAL TREATMENT SECTION
- THE THYMUS GLAND
- BRIEF HISTORY OF THYMUS SURGERY
- MYASTHENIA GRAVIS (MG) CONNECTION
- NON-INVASIVE THYMOMAS
- INVASIVE THYMOMAS
- PARANEOPLASTIC SYNDROMES
- RED CELL HYPOPLASIA (OR APLASIA)
- NCCN RECOMMENDATIONS
- VIDEO-ASSISTED THORACIC SURGERY (VATS)
- RADIATION THERAPY
- NCCN RECOMMENDATIONS FOR RADIATION THERAPY
- NCCN RECOMMENDATIONS ON CHEMOTHERAPY
- OCTREOTIDE LONG ACTING RELEASE (LAR)
- TARGETED THERAPIES
- IMMUNE CHECKPOINT BLOCKADE (ICB)
- OTHER APPROACHES
- ADOPTIVE IMMUNOTHERAPY
- TOP SUPPLEMENTS (THE SHORT LIST)
- ANTI-CANCER PLAN ON A TIGHT BUDGET
- ANTI-CANCER RECIPES
- THE HALLMARKS OF CANCER
- A NEW MODEL FOR CANCER TREATMENT
- INNOVATIVE SURGERY
- INNOVATIVE RADIATION THERAPY
- INNOVATIVE CHEMOTHERAPY
- NAUSEA AND VOMITING
- MOUTH SORES (STOMATITIS)
- ZINC SULFATE
- NERVE PAIN
- HAIR LOSS
- PICKLE JUICE REMEDY
- CHEMOSENSITIVITY TESTING
- TARGETED THERAPIES
- PRECISION MEDICINE INITIATIVE
- ANTI-ANGIOGENESIS DRUGS
- MOLECULAR AND GENOMIC TESTING
- CIRCULATING TUMOR CELLS (CELLSEARCH)
- MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIES
- IMMUNE CHECKPOINT BLOCKADE (ICB)
- CANCER STEM CELLS (CSCS)
- DIETARY COMPOUNDS THAT KILL CANCER STEM CELLS (CSCS)
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND EXERCISE
- FASTING AND THE KETOGENIC DIET
- A COST-FREE WAY TO PREVENT CANCER RECURRENCES
- CALORIC RESTRICTION
- PRACTICAL NOTES ON FASTING
- TOP TEN SUPPLEMENTS (THE EXPOSITION)
- FOOD AND CANCER PREVENTION
- VITAMINS, MINERALS & ANTIOXIDANTS
- THE CONCURRENT USE DEBATE
- CONCURRENT USE OF ANTIOXIDANTS AND RADIATION
- HERBS, SPICES AND BOTANICALS
- SOUND, LIGHT AND ELECTRICITY
- CANCER IMMUNOTHERAPY
- VIRAL THERAPY (ONCOLYTIC VIRUSES)
- DRUGS NEW AND OLD
- INNOVATIVE CANCER CLINICS
- FINDING AN INTEGRATIVE PHYSICIAN
- INTEGRATIVE ONCOLOGY DEPARTMENTS
- AMERICAN CLINICS
- INTERNATIONAL CLINICS
- SUPPLEMENTS AND SURGERY
- CAM AND FATIGUE
- POPULAR BUT UNLIKELY TREATMENTS